The gold variety of kiwi is sweeter and juicier than its green cousin and makes the perfect ingredient for a sweet and sour drink! Here’s how to make a golden kiwi martini in only a few minutes!
For this easy and fun cocktail we have chosen the golden kiwi, a fruit that is surprisingly sweet with a tropical twist. It is a natural variation of the green kiwi, is high in vitamin C (about three times the amount found in oranges) and contains a high concentration of vitamins and minerals. This golden kiwifruit sweetens as it ripens and this is exactly when you should use them for this easy homemade martini. And it is golden kiwi season now! Did you know that golden kiwis come from Italy between November and January? You can find them at your local supermarkets right now.
It’s Martini o’clock!
All you will need for this drink are a few simple ingredients, and of course the main ingredient: ripe golden kiwi. Simply slice the kiwi in half and, using a spoon, scoop out the insides, cut then into smaller pieces if needed and add everything into a cocktail shaker. Add the vodka and lime juice and muddle until the fruit has broken down. Fill the shaker with ice, put the lid on and shake everything well for about 10-15 seconds. Pour the golden kiwi martini into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a slice of kiwi before serving the drinks.
Golden Kiwi MartiniPrint recipe
- 1 Golden Kiwi (very ripe)
- 4 cl Vodka (= the amount of 2 shot glasses)
- 1/2 shot glass fresh lime juice
- 80 ml sweet & sour mix (optionally you could also use simple lime soda)
- Ice, to fill your cocktail shaker
- Kiwi slice for garnish
- Gather and prepare all ingredients.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the skinned golden kiwi with the lime juice to release the fruit’s juice and sweetness.
- Add the vodka, syrup (or lime soda).
- Fill the shaker with ice, put the lid on and shake everything for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour the golden kiwi martini into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a slice of golden kiwi.
- Serve and enjoy!
Optional: If you want, you can add 1-2 teaspoons sugar to your drink before shaking everything. The ripe golden kiwi is usually already sweet enough though.