Rich, delicious and most importantly, super easy to make is the best description for this vegan chocolate cake recipe. You’ll probably already have all ingredients for it at home. Those of you who think that vegan desserts are not worth trying and complicated to make: try this one! You’ll be surprised how good it is! Literally everyone who tried this vegan chocolate cake asked for the recipe. So here we go!
This vegan raspberry chocolate cake is intensely chocolatey, rich, but not overly so. It is dairy free and egg free and the perfect moist chocolate cake you could ask for. With this recipe you can make a large cake like in the picture, and it works equally well in cupcake form. Also, the recipe is very versatile: you can add some fresh berries to the dough, enjoy the cake plain with some fruit and whipped cream or try it with a vegan chocolate ganache frosting.
Ready, steady, go… in less than 10 minutes
All you need to do to make this moist vegan raspberry chocolate cake is combine the wet with the dry ingredients, simply mix everything and bake. Just as easy as that! Even the vegan chocolate ganache is super easy to prepare. And if you still have some doubts about how a vegan chocolate can be that delicious: as a passionate baker I was for a long time the one who thought you can’t make cake without eggs and dairy products. Turned out I was wrong: Sabine, a very good vegan friend of mine, introduced me to this cake. Even my family is now convinced and loves it and the versatile recipe will become one of your favorites, too. Just give it a try.
How to make this cake even better
- The same recipe can be used for a cake without cacao. Use fresh lemon zest or fresh fruit instead to add some extra flavor.
- You can use different jams and be creative. Strawberry jam or apricot jam work perfectly, too.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon, fresh lemon juice, lemon extract or even some rum extract for extra flavor
- Try a dark or white chocolate ganache, whipped cream with fresh fruit, fun and colorful sugar sprinkles, and more with the cake.
Raspberry Chocolate CakePrint recipe
- margarine (to grease baking tray)
- 300g flour
- 50g unsweetened cacao
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 300g sugar
- 275ml soy/almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 125ml rapeseed oil
- 7-8 tbsp. raspberry jam
- 3-5 drops vanilla extract
- 40ml soy milk (for the glaze)
- 100g dark chocolate
- 60g powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. maple sirup (optional)